Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekend Update


Hello! Sunday is half over, sadly. The weekends seem to fly by now that I'm not in school and have no homework. I often don't know how to feel like I accomplished enough in a weekend now that there is no one telling me what I have to get done. That sounds pretty sad, not sure if anyone else can relate to that? Hard to find that balance between genuine relaxation, and accomplishing goals.

On Friday I carved a pretty stupid pumpkin and I roasted the seeds. We ate them all in one sitting though! Delicious...

Saturday morning I got up early (6:30 AM) to drive out to Discovery Park for a meetup run through the park, which is supposed to have beautiful views. However, as my photos will show, the fog kept me from seeing much of anything in the park!

Before the run, we were excited but cold!

Everyone who came from my meetup group

The shore, though we obviously couldn't see as much as we hoped (the Olympic Mountains are back there through the fog).
We ran about 4 miles total, and I felt really strong during the run, which is great because I am preparing for that 5K (3.1 miles) at the zoo next weekend. However, later in the day my left knee started to hurt, to the point where I could barely walk up and down the stairs! This is quite a tragedy, especially considering Brad's knee is also on the fritz. If we don't heal this week, we will be a really sorry sight at the race on Sunday.

Brad went on a mountain bike ride yesterday as well, where he took this photo:

 Last night we met up with friends and played darts. Brad won a single game, and I won a single game as well (though we both lost two separate times and didn't play each other). It was my first time playing and I thought it was pretty fun. I think we should get a dart board for the basement!

Today we met with the pet sitter this morning, who will be watching Misty while we are Atlanta for Thanksgiving! And now I have pasta sauce on the stove so for lasagna later. We are having lasagna and salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment