Sunday, March 9, 2014

What's Cookin 3/9-3/13

Sunday: Zucchini calzones with store-bought marinara on the side
Monday: Mushroom pie with spinach crust (not sure how this will taste, making the crust today)
Tuesday: Soba noodles with peanut sauce and cucumber
Wednesday: Vegetarian chick'n sandwiches with veggies
Thursday: English muffin pizzas on homemade muffins (possibly this recipe)

I have been getting into bread making a little bit more recently, as mentioned a few weeks ago. I haven't done much beyond the Artisan Bread in 5 Min a Day basic recipe. But today is the day I am hoping to try to make calzone dough and English muffins. Wish me luck...

This week I was also thinking of trying something new with my meal plan where I assign themes to the days and make a recipe that fits the theme. That might at least help me plan on weeks when I don't feel inspired. The themes I have thought of so far are Pizza Day (which could be any recipe like a pizza, including English muffin pizza, pita pizza, deep dish pizza with polenta crust which I made recently, regular pizza...or even a store bought pizza if we don't feel like cooking); Sandwich Day (BLTs, wraps, black bean burgers, veggie sausage and peppers, grilled cheese); Pasta Day (with plain marinara, with meatballs, garlic and veggie pasta, tortellini, peanut noodles);  and maybe Salad Day? I'm not that creative with salad though, that would be the hardest one to actually come up with recipes for. Maybe Soup and Salad day? And then there's always the possible "Leftovers Day" but we usually eat so much of our leftovers for lunches that this wouldn't work out.

I sort of did this plan this week, with pasta on Tuesday, sandwiches Wednesday, and pizza Thursday. Its good to have some wild cards in there to make casseroles or other types of dishes. I just wanted to share it as an interesting idea that can help ease the difficulty in planning meals!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment