Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day in Raleigh

I'm back from my posting hiatus. I have something to post about that isn't complaining about school or work! hhaha...I had a groupon for the Contemporary Art Museum in Raleigh and we decided to use it yesterday. 
It was smaller than we'd expected but had some interesting art in it. 

There was a woman artist who made sweaters with socially charged phrases on them such as this one:


I'm not sure what this plaque was implying exactly...but I liked it:

And Brad and I took some artsy photos of our own...


Afterwards we had some time to kill before dinner and stumbled upon a chocolate factory that makes the purest chocolate around. They let us take a little tour and see how it is made, which was very informative for me as a lifelong chocolate lover. After the tour we had to try some "free samples" and then of course BUY some chocolate! Brad got me a dark chocolate and sea salt bar, and it only has four ingredients: organic cocoa nibs, organic cane sugar, organic cocoa butter, and sea salt! Amazingly pure and delicious! These are the bars once I got them home.

Then we went over to a small brewery that was near by called Boylan Bridge. On our walk over the sky was looking pretty frightening. But it felt like fall and that was nice. This area of Raleigh is kind of junkier but on its way up. However, we still got to pass this nice creepy area...

At Boylan we decided to sit on the balcony and enjoy the fall weather and the Raleigh skyline (not all that impressive but its more than we get in Durham).

Here is that old silo from the balcony at the brewery with Brad's beer and mine.

And since we were having beer and it was before dinner time...I convinced Brad to let us get an appetizer of onion rings! Isn't this an awesome way of displaying them? They were so delicious...mmm.

After that we got pizza at a local place (real healthy eating day, huh?) called Moonlight Pizza. And that was our good day out in Raleigh. We don't get out much, but we really do it up when we DO get out. 

Now I am just doing homework/grading papers and making butternut squash soup. yumm-o! 

No comments:

Post a Comment