Monday, February 18, 2013

Ah...real life is coming

Grown-up life is really starting to loom over me. Graduation in a few months. Apply to full time jobs. Interviewing. I guess the best testament to whether or not I am ready is if I actually get a job...I will have to get back to you on that. 

Anyway, today is a federal holiday, so I didn't have to go to one of my jobs (still had class this morning, and teaching assistantship tonight). I was about to go start making a soup for dinner but then realized the cabbage I was going to use was covered in mold. Oops. So I decided to write a quick update instead since I've been neglecting my blog.

In other news, Valentine's Day was nice; I made a special veggie pot pie for dinner. Yes, I will admit that I used two sheets of puff pastry for the crust. LAME! But to my credit it was a Thursday and I had been at school and had work the next day. Didn't want to spend my entire night in the kitchen trying to roll out a dough to fit over my giant cast iron pan!


The weekend before Valentine's Day we went to visit friends in Boone, NC. Its a short drive and pretty out there, so it makes for a nice weekend getaway. 
The back of the house our friends rent. This was the first weekend the snow had melted since December apparently.
We went to a cool tea shop in town, though Brad wasn't keen on being photographed with his "happy tea"....

Durham has been surprisingly cold, with snow and all these past few days. I'm getting really excited to see tons of my family members who are coming to visit for my graduation. I haven't told most of them until now that the night everyone gets to town I am going to have a dinner at my apartment. I'll post the menu I've come up with sometime before too long, but I think it is mainly going to include lasagna, something I can make ahead of time and will serve a decent number of people. I really like entertaining in my apartment, and I've never gotten to do that for my family before. 

I'm going down to Atlanta next weekend (so that Brad can play golf with a friend and see his family for his birthday!) and I am greatly looking forward to spending time with everyone and seeing how big my niece is getting!


No comments:

Post a Comment