There were no horrifying disasters during my first day at work, so I am calling it a success! I like my coworkers and I already have a business trip in the works. I'll be going out to Montana to collect human pee samples!
We'll see how it goes with time. But for now I wanted to post about the house. The following pictures will not be general photos of rooms, since they aren't really "done" yet in my opinion (still have photos to hang!). But I did want to give some more specifics about the place. There are pros and cons, as there are in any house. I think the pros out weight the cons though. However, Brad didn't realize that there is not a single outlet in the house that is grounded, and claims that he wouldn't have rented the place if he'd known. Haha.. But overall we are liking it! Practice home ownership is what I call it. Oh and there will be no photos of the basement/garage yet, since they are still full of mess and boxes.
 |
| This is the view of Lake Washington right by our house. |
 |
| We hung this mirror inside the front door. |
 |
| We have wacky door bells! These two things ring REALLY LOUD! If you ring the back doorbell, only one rings so you can tell the difference. |
 |
| This is inside the front door (technically in the dining room). We put in the shelf up top and the shoe holder on the bottom. The little flap is where we get our mail! |
 |
| Yep, that's the mail slot. No mail box, just this crazy slot into the dining room... |
 |
| Oh hi Brad. He is putting our outdoor thermometer up in the kitchen windowsill. |
 |
| This is the kitchen sink. Pretty old and funky, right? Except that because the spout is so HIGH water splashes all over behind the sink, which is pretty annoying. Also, the hot water comes out fine but there is NO water pressure on the cold side. We are going to ask the maintenance guy about that. |
 |
| This is the door to the backyard. Looks pretty normal, except... |
 |
| The top half can open separate from the bottom half! This is fun since we can get some breeze in without leaving the whole door open. However, Misty prefers the whole door being open so she can see through the screen. |
 |
| Here is part of the backyard as seen from the back door. This is before we put in our raised bed. Bench and table came with the place. We really want to get some chairs and set it up nicely for outdoor dining. |
 |
| We didn't realize what it even was at first, but this is a GIANT rosemary plant!!! Love it, especially since we had to give away our rosemary that we THOUGHT was big! |
 |
| More of the backyard, including one of the feeders that has been very popular since I put it up. The suet feeder has also gotten a lot of attention but the hummingbird feeder has been untouched, sadly. |
 |
| Here is another corner of the backyard and the back door. In Seattle, they pick up trash, recycling, and food waste/compostables. That green bin next to the stairs is the container for the food waste. Pretty different and is taking some getting used to! But I like it! Less landfill waste is always awesome. |
 |
| This is the side of the house from the back to the front. We have a lot of hoses! |
 |
| This is the main bathroom. Recognize the tile? It is the same as from the kitchen...kind of lame, especially considering the ugly color! However, I'm pretty satisfied with how we got it set up. Found some good colors to go with the pink. The low flush toilet is really new and nice too. |
 |
| We have a separate shower stall. I like it because the white tile is really nice. However, the water pressure is terrible. |
 |
| We have huge medicine cabinets. However, upon move in they had a bunch of rust in the bottom and no shelves! Brad made me shelves for them though, so its nice inside now. Also, somehow the shower curtain we already owned (I bought it back in 2008) goes perfectly in here. |
 |
| Bought washcloths in different shades of brown. |
 |
| And last (for now) but not least. all the door knobs are glass and I really like that! However, some of them don't shut right and you have to jiggle the handle to get them to actually close, which is lame. |
Anyway, that is all I have to say about the house for now. It is definitely livable but we do have work to do. I want to paint a wall blue in the kitchen, but we have to get that approved by the property management company. I hope to get that done so we can paint next weekend!
I love it! Reminds me of the houses down in Buckhead. Do you know how much you would have to pay for that house if you bought it? Over $500,000... Trendy area...
ReplyDeleteAnd I like the funky sink, though the water everywhere would be annoying.
ReplyDeleteLove reading your blog Emma. It saves me bugging you with emails asking for photos. This is so worth the effort. Later you will look back and value this journal.
ReplyDelete