Saturday, December 14, 2013

More about cooking (Meal Plan for 12/14-12/20)

Some blogs that I read post weekly meal plans and I thought I might want to start doing that here on occasion. Recently I've been trying a lot of new recipes because I was getting bored with making the same old stuff I make every week. Also, I have been trying to make more things from scratch to save on our grocery bill. Also, I got two new cookbooks, so I've been inspired!

Anyway, Brad is in the field for work today and tomorrow, all day. He left the house this morning around 6 AM and probably won't be back until after 6 PM. So I wrote a pretty elaborate meal plan for the week, expecting to have time to prep a lot of things this weekend.

Here is it:
Saturday - Eggplant curry with naan and jasmine rice
Sunday - Broccoli mushroom noodle casserole
Monday - Spicy tomato soup (making this ahead) and grilled cheese sandwiches
Tuesday - Zucchini crusted pizza (making the crust ahead)
Wednesday - Brad's night to cook (though he doesn't know it yet!), I bought stuff for fried rice
Thursday - Veggie burgers and whatever vegetables we have left as a side dish Brad's company holiday party!! Wooo!
Friday - Peanut noodles (or as my mom calls it, Tahini Slime) with kale

The new recipes are Saturday through Tuesday. I'm expecting some things to ramp up at work at the end of the week, so I wanted to take it a little easier on those days.

Next weekend I'll be shopping for our Christmas feast!

1 comment: