Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Eve

Happy New Years Eve to everyone. This is just a quick update because something about the year ending always makes me feel nostalgic, like I need to reflect. I know in reality it is just another day, as tomorrow will be, but I can't help but associate special meaning to it.

I'm not sure I have specific "resolutions" this year, so maybe I will just throw out a few current goals and things I'd like to accomplish in 2014. These are just the most important ones I can think of right now.

1. I read 27 books this year, so I'd like to make it 28 next year!
2. I need to resolve what is wrong with my knee that is preventing me from running. I think it is iliotibial band syndrome and I'm hoping that changing shoes will be the answer (because it started shortly after I got minimalist running shoes). But if it is not, I need to dedicate myself to fixing this because it is really bumming me out.
3. See Vancouver, BC (only a 3 hour drive!).
4. See Yellowstone National Park (only a 12 hour drive!).
5. Brush up on my Spanish to the point where it could be useful at work (my coworkers found out I used to be fluent and are telling people I am just being modest when I say I can no longer speak it...).
6. Finish the mammoth cross-stitch project I've been working on for years (I'm getting close to done!).
7. Crochet an afghan (I started a super simple one that is all double crochet stitches and very do-able for a beginner, but I need more yarn).
8. Talk to our credit union about home ownership/set realistic goals for saving toward a down payment (I've been stewing over making this into a blog post, hopefully soon).

I think that is all for now. I feel like I am suffering from the post-holiday blues. Plus I haven't been sleeping well because Brad has a cough that keeps waking me up in the middle of the night. Just feel very blah and unmotivated. Maybe its seasonal affective disorder. At least we are hanging out with friends tonight to ring in the New Year (if I can manage to stay awake...). We will be seeing fireworks that are launched from the Space Needle!

1 comment: