Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January, Emma has a Skiing Fail

Its not just my blog I've neglected recently. It feels like everything else has fallen to the back burner as well. I owe so many people a phone call, but most nights by the time I am home and done eating its too late to call the east coast. I am very sorry!

I've had several blog post ideas brewing in my head but just haven't typed them out yet. There is even one I did type out but didn't post yet, about our home ownership goals (which we did set, as you will see on my 2014 Goals sidebar). 

Hopefully I can sit down with some focus this weekend. Oh, but it will have to be BEFORE the Super Bowl! Can't wait to watch that and party with my friends...rooting for our Seattle Seahawks!

We went skiing this weekend with our Oregonian friends at Mt. Bachelor. It was very scary for me, as I don't like to go fast almost ever, especially when I don't really know how to brake. My legs weren't strong enough to "pizza" the whole way down the mountain and I ended up with some bruises on my rear. 

Thankfully everyone else had more fun than me and there was a lot of sunshine.

Before getting on the chairlift. Notice my helmet haha...
Click below to see even more photos!


Beautiful day!

From the top of the easy slope.

From the middle of the mountain, where I shouldn't have gone at all...because I fell and walked the rest of the way down from here.
Brad, of course, made it to the summit of Mt. Bachelor (some 9,000 ft) and took this photo...

I bought myself a hot chocolate at the lodge after getting my rear end all bruised up and feeling like my legs were going to fall off from trying to slow myself down.

After our long ski day (longer for some of us than others), we had dinner and bend and then hung out in the hot tub at our bed and breakfast. At least there was that!

Here is me with Lady Liberty at the B&B in the morning.

On Sunday Brad and I had a 6 hour drive back to Seattle, so we just went for a short hike with Patrick and Kate before hitting the road. We went to Smith Rock, which was formed by a bunch of ash from volcanoes and is now internationally known as being great for rock climbing. It was beautiful and sunny, thankfully, because I was in severe need of the vitamin D!
Brad posing in front of Smith Rock before we started hiking.

Can you see that tiny silver line in the blue sky connecting the two peaks here? That is some kind of mesh tight rope thing that people actually walk across (crazy people).

 Unrelated but still cool, my sister sent me some photos from my graduation from Duke back in May.
The kids with their favorite grandma! So happy this moment was captured. 
Me with my mom and stepdad, two of the most influential people in my life, who helped me get to that day!

Recreating my favorite photo that my sister took from my Georgia Tech graduation. 
I promise that more updates are coming! I've been working on some of my "goals"... as you will soon see. Hope everyone is well and staying safe and warm.




No comments:

Post a Comment