Our garden has miraculously survived the summer. And we're just starting to replant some fall crops as you will see...
Our cherry tomato plants have suffered the hundred degree days and the limitations of growing in a container and are still managing to be almost as tall as Brad! Still waiting for the multitude of tomatoes that the breed promised us...(in this shot you can also sort of see the pepper plant behind the tomatoes).
![]() |
| We picked up these broccoli plants at the Durham Farmer's market on Saturday morning. Planted two in here and two in a container with a tomato plant. I have high hopes for them (fingers crossed)! |
We planted more carrots a few weeks ago from seeds. Om nom nom. Found a recipe for a dip made from carrots for our next harvest.
Clematis is in bloom again! The plant is over a year old now, had nice flowers in spring and went dormant during this summer heat. But its back to pretty up our garden!
I'm also hoping to plant onions, kale, and spinach (or other leaf lettuce) before school starts up. Though we don't have a lot of space left. We've definitely advanced so far from what we managed to plant last year, I am feeling proud :)
Today we also went swimming in the Eno Quarry with our friends from Chapel Hill. That place is really an amazing find, thought it seemed a lot of people "found" it today! It is really deep (60ft) and really clear, clean water. In spite of the crowds it is much nicer than any of the lakes around here.
Also, I've found recent encouragement to look into trips to Disney World. So I figured I'd apply for a Disney Rewards Credit Card, what the heck. I've been wanting a credit card anyway and didn't feel like waiting any longer to try to get one with Brad at the credit union, so I applied. AND I got instant approval! hahaha so I guess I can cross "Get Credit Card" off my summer to do list. I know it'll be at least a year before we go, (maybe in September or October after I graduate) so I'll have time to rack up a lot of points to spend on food or whatever at the parks.
Hope everyone is doing well!




Don't mean to be negative, but I just can't imagine you are going to get much broccoli out of that, lol!
ReplyDeleteIt is going to grow!!!! It will be broccoli someday! They are just babies!
Delete