We accomplished a lot today though. I sold my 13 year old car through CarMax. Even though I probably could have gotten more money if I'd sold it privately, what a hassle that would have been. Plus, I needed to sell it this weekend and had too much going on to arrange for a private sale before now. For a car with structural damage, over 157,000 miles, and a driver-side window that wont roll up all the way...I was happy with the sale. Plus, CarMax was so easy and friendly, good for my first car-selling experience. I walked in the door as soon as they opened and was helped immediately by very friendly people. We chatted until the appraisal was done, which only took 23 minutes. Then they showed me on a computer the positives (good transmission and engine, good carpets and interior) and negatives (structural damage, broken window, etc, etc) and then finally a screen popped up with the appraisal value of $2,000! I said, "I'll take it" and turned in the title and registration, went through some paperwork, and got a bank draft (still have to deposit that).
![]() |
| One last look at the ole guy... |
After Brad picked me up at CarMax, we had two friends come over and help us load up the shipping containers for our stuff.
In spite of a brief thunderstorm in the middle, the three guys managed to jam pack the first cube, as you can see on the left. Our couch DID fit, in spite of the insistence of a coworker that it wouldn't. I got them pizza for lunch and they had Brad and Ryan's latest home brews. We just continued eating pizza for dinner.
I have cleaned the kitchen, the 1/2 bath and the second bedroom. We still have a lot to do tomorrow as far as cleaning and packing the last things into the second cube. We also have to get an oil change for the car. We'll be driving 3000 miles! ahhhhh!
My next update may be from the road...if you're lucky.


Good luck on your trip! Post lotsa pics!
ReplyDelete