Sunday, April 13, 2014

Food Post with Pictures!

Recently I realized that my posts about what I'm cooking would be a whole lot more interesting if I could incorporate pictures. So I think I'm going to shift from posting what I will cook to what I did cook. The one disclaimer being that I am no photography expert and I really just plan on using my phone and not a fancy camera. So the photos may not be stunning but hopefully they will be interesting!

For this week I'll be posting pictures of some of the things I said I was going to cook last weekend. I wasn't really thinking of doing this until the end of the week, so I don't have photos from every day...


Saturday: Carmelized (or BROWNED) red onion, spinach, tomato, and goat cheese pizza on a whole wheat crust. I made the crust from this recipe, following the suggestions of the most helpful positive review. I also used the entire dough for one pizza. It came out fluffy but a little bland. Still, a success in my book for my first whole wheat pizza. The toppings were superb!


Monday: Fake "Chicken" Caesar Salad...I just baked the fake chicken, tossed a bag of romaine lettuce with the dressing and Parmesan and cut up some homemade bread for Brad and voila! Super easy meal. No photo...

Tuesday: This was a cold salad of white beans, red onion, canned tuna, tomato, avocado, and spinach tossed with a little olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. It would have been perfect stuffed into a pita, but I ate it straight up. It was so quick and easy, I would definitely make it again. Lots of protein and healthy veggies too!


Wednesday: Emma's Salsa Quinoa Surprise! haha...Cooked some onions and bell pepper with cumin, tossed in black beans, salsa, and quinoa (a high protein grain that cooks way quicker than rice) and served over spinach with cheese on top. Easy and delicious! 


Thursday: I tried a recipe for tomato fettuccine with salmon but I was totally unprepared for how disgusting canned salmon would be. It had all these tiny bones and Brad was popping them in his mouth right from the can and crunching them...It was more than I can take. My stomach was so turned I didn't really like it and won't make it again.

Friday: We just made veggie burgers and popcorn...

Saturday: I made pasta with THIS bean-ball recipe! It was very easy and came out very flavorful. They were a little dry because I didn't put them into the sauce, I just served them on top. Oops! Still great though and stayed together better than other "bean balls" I've tried in the past. 


I'll try to be vigilant in photographing every thing I make this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment