Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Moving Woes

We found out at 2PM today that our current property manager has already listed our house for rent online and he wanted to show it TODAY. In the end we held him off until tomorrow, but I scrambled to leave work and then clean everything, everywhere. So exhausting, but I couldn't help it-it is humiliating to think of strangers coming through my living space and looking in every nook and cranny! And he has five viewings already for tomorrow...when was he planning to tell us?

It doesn't help my anxiety that they raised the rent for this place to $2540/month (that's a $555/month increase!), but if they weren't going to give us any time to clean then they shouldn't expect much I guess. Its a great place, so I'm sure they will rent it quickly no matter what. At least I hope, I don't want this to last very long. He has showings tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday. Having to constantly make sure the place is spic and span is going to be extremely difficult. A huge reminder of why I am looking forward to moving into a tiny space!

No comments:

Post a Comment