Thursday, April 24, 2014

Upcoming Weekend

So just as an update, after three days of showing the house, we found a renter. It was actually pretty easy, a lot of people liked the place. Our current plan is to move in to the new place on May 17, spend the following weekend cleaning, with the intent of being officially moved out on May 31. I want this to all come and go and be over with...I've been feeling a stronger urge to start settling down, so I'm hoping this will be the next to last time we move for a while.

This weekend I will hopefully forget about all of the moving tasks because I'm going to camp! Yes, I am going to sleep away camp through the YMCA. for adults. Its called "Women's Wellness Weekend" and its at Camp Colman. I was always so bummed watching "Bug Juice" on the Disney Channel as a kid, wishing I too could go to sleep away camp and have friends that I was so bonded with that I cried to say goodbye to at the end of the summer. So when I saw that the YMCA offered a condensed, weekend, adult women-only version that takes place at an actual sleep away camp (for children usually) in actual cabins with an actual craft room, archery, kayaking/canoeing, nature abd beach trails, and rock walls, etc....how could I NOT sign myself up for that? I was so excited about it I signed up months ago. So this weekend I'll be eating my meals in a cafeteria, sleeping in my sleeping bag in a bunk bed, and trying to generally connect with nature and disconnect from stress. I won't really have cell signal and plan to keep my phone turned off most of the weekend. Brad will have the camp phone number if there are any actual emergencies. Wish me luck at my first ever sleep away camp! :)

Photo credit: this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment