I'm not sure if it is fair to actually call myself a bicycle commuter after one day, but I am all about celebrating small achievements. And day one was a success! Last night as I was planning for the ride Bradley realized that he could ride with me most of the way, since my work is basically on his way to his office. That really calmed my nerves quite a bit.
This is how the morning went:
6:30 AM - WAKE UPPPP!!! Force Bradley to also get up
7:00 AM - get bike down the stairs and out the door
7:03 AM - get Bradley down the stairs and out the door
7:04 AM - Make Bradley take my photo before the ride
![]() |
| I love how you can see my car in the background (Click to enlarge the photo) |
7:05 AM - Set off!
7:30 AM - Arrive at office bike rack
7:50 AM - Showered, dressed, and sitting at my desk to start the work day!
Not a bad commute I'd say. It was nice being able to have that little bit of time with Bradley as well. And I think I will get faster. The ride home felt harder, probably because I was tired and it is more uphill but it still took me less than 30 minutes.
I am so thankful that I live only 5 miles from my office! Now lets see if I can build up enough skill in the next month to bike the 8 miles to Duke next semester...

Wow 30 minutes isn't bad at all! It takes Korey almost an hour by car so your commute by bike is still better than one by car in Atlanta lol.
ReplyDelete