Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Movin on up..

The title of this blog post is in reference to some great news I recently got at work. They are moving me to a new desk! I could not be happier, especially after today when I got to see the desk I'll soon be in. It is in the department I now work in (my current desk is the same one I had in my old department), I will be right outside of my boss's office (which may not seem like a good thing but it will be -- he is such a busy guy that I hardly ever see him and maybe this way I'll have more chances to interact with him and get input on my work), the desk space is more than double what I currently have, the chair is nicer, that hall isn't as FRIGIDLY cold as where I currently sit, AND I am on the side of the building that has huge windows to the lake (mind you, I can't actually see out the windows from where I will sit but if I turn my chair around I can sort of catch a glimpse, and it will mean a lot more natural light that my current office). That was a long list...but I didn't even go into the main reason I want to get moved, which is to finally get away from my current office mate. I wont go into that here but lets just say, a lot of undue stress will be removed when I get my new desk. I just hope the move happens extremely soon. 

I had a fairly quiet weekend though Bradley did take me out on Lake Crabtree on a row boat, which was fun. He is thinking of taking a beginner sailing class so we can rent a little sailboat. That would definitely be cool. The only uncool thing about Lake Crabtree is that you can't actually swim in it (or eat the fish) because it is loaded with PCBs. And at work I helped with the toxicological review of PCBs, so it was somewhat surreal to see the effects of them in action!

In other news, this weekend was my Grandma's birthday! Happy Birthday Grandma! Because my mom, sis, and niece went to visit her in PA they were able to stop in at our apartment last night. I cooked them dinner and we had a nice visit. This was the first time my mom saw where I've been living for the past year and a half, so that was cool. I wish I could have shown her Duke's campus but maybe next year when I am graduating...
Oh and the icing on the cake was that they brought me amazing presents! Delicious Daffins chocolates and THESE:

om-nom-nom I love blueberriesssss! 

These two things mean that my mouth is going to be partying a lot for the next few days. I'm fully planning to eat all of these blueberries plain, it seems a shameful waste of the flavors to make anything out of them (however we are out of Strawberry jam....) 

I will be posting baby videos later, anyone who wants to see them let me know and I'll email you!



3 comments:

  1. Frankly I loved sitting outside my boss' office - I'm sure you will too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant believe you still had that many blueberries left!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took that picture the first day! They have been gone for two days now... :(

    ReplyDelete