On our way there the car was not enjoying the mountains...and the check engine light came on. And then a bat hit our windshield and died. It was kind of an upsetting drive. Thankfully the car really just needed an oil change, so we got that taken care of...
![]() |
| AHHH! Car troubles on vacation! Oh NO! |
Anyway, Brad's friends rent a small but interesting cabin (actually in Blowing Rock, right next to Boone) and let us sleep on their super comfortable pillow top air mattress. We got to spend our weekend hanging out in the woods.
Bradley went on a crazy bike ride which he will detail when he guest blogs again soon (he has photos of the pretty scenery!). We also went to a corn maze at a Christmas tree farm and on a "train" ride around the farm. It was beautiful and fairly secluded (relaxing).
![]() |
| Photo op in the corn maze |
![]() |
| Small creek crossing over the road. Water was nice and cold on our feet. |
![]() |
| Silly train we rode around the farm. |
We also had dinner at an awesome local restaurant in town called Hob Nob. I was so impressed by all the vegetarian options! I got tempeh and smoked gouda tacos. I am still dreaming about them.
Overall it was a great weekend, though I didn't have any internet and couldn't keep up with emails from the students in the class I am TA-ing. Their first assignment is due on Monday. The questions have been flooding in. Not really looking forward to my first experience grading papers...
Next weekend is the triathlon, so we'll be at the coast. I feel so grateful for getting to do this much travel. Still deciding what to do for my fall break at the beginning of October.




Um, you could come see yur mum! ;)
ReplyDelete