If you're feelin full at least you're feelin something..
Yes that is a King of the Hill quote. Seems appropriate at the moment seeing as I just ate two mini bags of microwave kettle corn that I bought with the intention of stashing in my desk at work. Brad is out of town for the weekend. Whenever that happens I always imagine I'll do the Risky Business thing and dance around the apartment and live the high life while he is gone. I make all these lists of things I'll get done but after the first few hours apart I always just end up completely drained of motivation. Kinda sad but I just don't function as well without him (as much as I may pretend it isn't true since I'm jealous that he's having fun without me). It doesn't help that I haven't been paid yet and I'm broke I guess.
Anyway I did get out of the house today for a little while, volunteering at Safe Haven (the cat shelter). We got about 12 cats adopted today in total. And I DID get to meet the kittens in the clinic (which there are several) AND I got to see the tiniest ones who are still on their mom's milk! I've never seen them that young before, it was amazing. This is just a short video of the teeny ones, they can hardly walk!
The video below is of a VERY hungry kitten right before we fed her.
:) I love volunteering. Even if it takes up time on my weekends I could be using to do any number of things, nothing gives me the same satisfaction as helping kitties find loving homes!
No comments:
Post a Comment